Tuesday, January 03, 2006

It's VEEEEERy Laaaaate

It's no secret I enjoy alcohol. I won't even lie about the moderation thing, after all I have a bunch of kids... so any how the last few nights I cannot sleep. I mean its getting to be 3:00 and I get up from the tossing and turning and watch the QVC and stuff. So tonight I have a significant buzz on. Not drunk mind you. Just the sweet spot. Some kids are asleep and some are playing video games with the neighbor kid who sleeps over because he likes our food. I don't think he eats except for at my house. Breakfast on school days, and on not school days he raids my pantry. I can't figure out why I can't sleep lately. I am wide awake thinking about all these random things. (QVC in the backround...genuine blue topaz...blah blah blah) Even worse, sometimes I call friends when I feel this way. I did tonight. I am glad he tolerated me.

Here is a funny thing only to me I'm sure, my PARENTS like "Dog the Bounty Hunter. " OMG! I watch that and the family gets mad at me. But the 'rents watching that... a mind bender. Next thing ya know they'll be watchin' Queer Eye...

So tomorrow I feel like I need some retail therapy. I took Jessica to Newport to Fashion Island Mall and I reallllly waannnt to go baaaack. REEEEallly. I have no money. I just want to feel up some nice stuff. You know. Then I want to go get some yarn which I do have the money for. That mall has designer stores, like the kind you read about in Glamour, and Lucky etc. Betsy Johnson for instance. Being from Binghamton, this is a big deal to me. I am such a redneck in the BIG CITY.

I have a knitting confession to make. I have one more pair of socks to make for Christmas- yes it way past but thats besides the point-and I can't stand the thought of it. I want to send 2 pairs to my bus driving buddies in NY and one pair is done and now I need to do the other pair. I fear I have burned myself out. I've been working on socks since October. Frightening, isn't it? Well, my friends in NY need them because driving a bus in NY in the winter really sucks. So I better get my attitude right. Maybe by the weekend I will feel more like it. After all, winter lasts till May in NY....LOL. No, it really does. 3 years ago I had ice on my patio in May. No freakin' joke.

A door opens. I hear a tv. Now feet. It is the sound of boys forageing for food after being in a Playstation trance. They have already eaten all the food. They will inform me in the morning that we need food. "MOOOOM there's no FOOD in the HOUSE!!!!" No S@#t Sherlock. Ya' ate it all!

Well, I guess it's time to put on my jammies, brush my teethies, and try to sleep. Yeah right. I'll be back. Except this time I will be reading blogs instead of writing....Peace, Love and Knitting...





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?