Thursday, December 08, 2005

My superhuman knitting abilities




Not smoking is not going well. I guess it depends on how you look at it. I have cheated a little, but I haven't given up completely. Well, I'm still trying.

As for my procrastination situation of the other day, I am still trying to forge my way through my list of to-do's for the week. I think that since I do some of my finest work under pressure, I sub-consciously force myself into the situation. I manage to pull it off somehow. Oh, who cares why I do it? I just wish I could either change (not likely) or learn to not feel guilty about the way I am. On the bright side, my superhuman ability to hyper-focus has enabled me to produce a sock a day. Yes, you read that right. I have gone from almost 2 weeks to knit a pair to one sock in just over 1 day. If it weren't for the kids, and hubby and the domestic duties they require I could probably almost do 2. But then, I may begin to look wild-eyed. Better not try it.

Adam sweater update: I decided to knit it in the inexpensive Red Heart Camo. print. Why? Because I will never get it done any other way. He will be thrilled just the same. The main thing is to make him happy. At least its not a boring yarn.

Mike and Jessica are coming in a week! So excited! He will love love LOVE it here. Especially the cars. Speaking of cars, I found a '65 Mustang in gorgeous condition, blue at a car lot yesterday. Fantasizing about trading in the shaggin' wagon for it. Just a thought.



Comments:
Wow...a sock a day? That is amazing...

Your comment on cars reminds me of one time when my brother in law visited. We went to one of the more upscale Seattle Metro areas, and he was visibly drooling over the cars. I think he even took a picture of one that was parked somewhere.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?