Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Confessional

"Bless me father, for I have sinned." "What is your sin, my daughter?" "I have been seduced by the bright colors and textures of novelty yarns." "You have learned your lesson, then?" "Yes!" "Then go to your LYS and partake only of the natural fibers of your forefathers. Go, and sin no more!"

Last year, I spent precious time and money on novelty yarns. Yes, they are fun. The problem is they are just that, a novelty. Down the road, we will look at our many fun fur scarves, trimmed hats and other foofery and would not be caught dead in any of it. I was looking at a skein of some Dale of Norway wool blend Siska and I had my epiphany. It was the same price a skein as the novelty yarns. Maybe the answer really is moderation. Make sure you get plenty of natural fibers in your stash, and an occasionl novelty yarn. Much like the occasional cocktail.

Maybe I sound a little extreem to some. Its kinda like eating too much candy and then getting sick. You just don't care for any candy for a while after that.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?