Monday, November 07, 2005

I'm too soxy for my shoes...

All right, that was a really bad pun. But I'm feeling really "soxual" lately. More my bad. My socks are almost done. It is a very good thing to knit them at the same time. Tonight, I will do the toes and then I can wear them. I got some really great yarn for more gift socks. How about Lime green and flamingo pink? I like my socks to make a statement and stand on their own. Why always be white? I got a nice heathered plum shade for my mother in laws socks. I'm using Plymouth Yarn Encore and Plymouth Yarn Lambs Pride. I am making the gifts out of the Encore because I realized they should be easy to care for, machine wash and dry. The Lambs Pride is great, but it would felt in the dryer. Who needs that worry? I don't mind though for me. I'm already tweaking the pattern for my next pair. I just can't leave things alone. Recipes, patterns, rules of the road...

Heading home to NY for Thanksgiving. It will be good to see everyone, especially my oldest son. We flew the coop on him, instead of the other way around. He announced to us last week that he is going to go to college (the community) in January. YEAH!!!! I love it when a plan comes together. The wool socks will be handy in NY, not too much use for them in Southern California. My oldest son and his girlfriend are coming out here for Christmas. Anybody out there have special knitting projects going for the Holiday season? Let me know! I want to eventually knit new stockings to be hung by the chimney with care. I don't believe I have the time this year, but I would love to hear someone elses ideas.




Comments:
The only thing I have planned for this Christmas is a scarf. The knitting guild I belong to is going to do a scarf exchange at our December meeting.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?