Monday, September 19, 2005

getting settled

We are all settled and getting used to life in sunny So. Cal. So far I have found 2 yarn shops, besides a Michaels Craft store. Mikki's Yarns is a very friendly shop in Huntington Beach. She is stocked to the ceiling with yarn and notions. Another great spot to get a fiber fix is Alameda Bay Yarn Co. in Longbeach. Alameda is friendly, helpful and has a great selection. They also offer classes and even a knitting cruise on Tuesdays. I left the store feeling inspired and wanting to spend lots more time and money there.

I have made a new knitting buddy here. I also put the word out at Mikki's that I wanted to get with other knitters, or a SNB in the Huntington Beach area.

Currently I have finished a poncho in velour yarn as a gift for my sister, some soft scarves, and finishing up a tank top in black Berroco softwist. I am using the pattern from Stitch and Bitch Nation for the Mud Flap Girl tank.

I want to begin designing tops and sweaters. I just feel that my drawing ability is not what I need to get it on paper. I'll figure it out, I always do. I have been dreaming lately of starting a cottage business selling my knitting. I have been wanting to do something different for my "second act" as I like to call being in my 40's.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?